The Department of Political Science is a part of the glorious heritage of Shyam Lal College. From a modest beginning in 1966, it blossomed into a full fledged Department offering honour courses to the undergraduate students from all over the country, when its first batch of honors graduate students were enrolled in 1976.
The faculty of the Department consists of experienced, young and enthusiastic faculties committed to creating a democratic academic culture. At present, it has 12 faculties with a wide range of interests and specializations. Apart from the compulsory courses, the Department offers a wide choice of optional courses including 'Public Policy in India', 'Understanding South Asia', 'Feminism: Theory and Practices', 'Contemporary Political Economy', 'Feminism and Indian Politics', 'The United Nations and Global Conflicts', etc.,
The Department has been very active in organizing seminars and symposia on issues of diverse interests. The participation of the faculty and the students on a regular basis in debates and discussions makes the Department dynamic and vibrant. The endeavor of the Department is to use the corpus of knowledge as springboards to not only sensitize students to the dynamics of the larger world but also to inspire and equip them to express their concerns in a constructive manner.
- Dr. Neena Shireesh, M.A., Ph.D., Post-doc.
- Dr. Sita Ram Kumbhar, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.
- Dr. Anil Thakur, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.
- Dr. Surbhi Sehgal, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.
- Mr. Shyam Sundar Prasad, M.A.
- Mr. Deepak Kumar, M.A.
- Dr. Srinivas Misra, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.
- Dr. Niranjan Chichuan, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.
- Ms. Rapti Mishra, M.A., M.Phil.
- Dr. Rekha Kaushik, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.
- Dr. Ameswar Naik, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.
- Mr. Nartam Vivekanand Motiram, M.A., M.Phil.